Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Lovely Bella


Hello everybody!

This is yet another Christmas gift I made. It's a knitted tunic for a 1,5 year old girl and I'm sure you all recognize the yarn already, it's the same "Nalle Taika" by Novita that I've used here and here. The pattern is Bella by Dani Sunshine, available on Ravelry.



This was a really relaxing knit. I love the top-down seamless construction and with no seaming required and only three buttons to sew, this is almost an instant gratification project.


 The details on the yoke and hems keep the knitting interesting, and the stockinette body knits up fast.


The pattern comes in sizes ranging from 6 months to 10 years old, which I think is great. This tunic is also easier to fit than most patterns, since there's only three buttons on the yoke and the rest of the bodice remains open. 


I can honestly say that I hope to get a chance to knit this pattern more than once, and I don't usually feel that way about any pattern. This is a winter version in a wool yarn, but I think this pattern could also be a great summer layering piece knit up in a bamboo or cotton yarn.

What are your go-to knitting patterns, for either adults or kids?

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby sweater- the yarn, the pattern, everything! I love it when I find a pattern (and you're right, it's more likely to happen with a smaller knit, like a baby sweater or an accessory) that i enjoy knititng enough to knit more than once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and thanks to the generous size range in this pattern, you're more likely to knit it again. That's the sad part of knitting for children - they grow so fast!

      Delete