Saturday, December 19, 2015

Works In Progress

This is the time for secrets...


I have been hard at work for many weeks already, but nothing I can show until Christmas is over.


IF you are a relative or a dear friend of mine stalking this page, then the joke is on you...


...because since I took these pictures, my plans have changed...


 ...and some of this yarn may or may not be used for Christmas gifts... muhahahahaa!



I have squeezed in some very selfish sewing though, so as not to go completely insane. I have been meaning to make an updated pant sloper for ages, and now I have gotten as far as making fit adjustments and tracing the changes on to the pattern pieces. I'm using a Burda pant pattern as a base, and armed with "Pants for Real People" I am now trying to make them fit better. 

I got the book last Christmas, but only got around to reading it now that I'm actually making pants. If I'm honest, I wouldn't have bought this book if it wasn't for Lauren's great review quite some time ago. I have already learned A LOT reading it, and I'm not even close to finishing it. I'm certain that I will return to it over and over again.

But back to Christmas - I'm not even a little bit stressed out by my list of  handmade presents. I should be feeling panicky right about now, right? My selfish pant sewing is on pause until every little gift is done, but I'm not even bummed out by that. I think I've never enjoyed making presents as much as I'm enjoying it this time - I'm sure the reason is in WHAT I'm making, but that I won't reveal yet...

Anyone else excited about what they are making for others? Or is it beginning to feel like a chore with so little time left?












No comments:

Post a Comment