A while ago I asked for your tips for finishing chiffon edges, and thank you so much for your advice. I decided to go the route of visible self-fabric bias binding, which has become a reoccurring theme for my makes this summer. I'll probably hate the look of it when I dig out my summer makes in a year, but what can you do.
The pattern is my first go at Simplicity, and despite all the tweaking I'm pleasantly surprised. I'll definitely be using Simplicity again. The pattern is from the German magazine Meine Nähmode issue 3/2014. The front is from model 11 and the back from model 12. I made some changes to the fit even before making a muslin, which then failed miserably. I thought the left over fabric I used was a chiffon, but it turned out to be a CREPE chiffon, which moved around when I cut it, resulting in total failure. The original seam across the front piece also looked stupid on me, so out came the tape.
|I did the usual changes for me: removed gaping at the neckline and arm scythe, both in the front and in the back.|
|This is my final front pattern piece, which I hope hope hope fits me now.|